Achieve a Diploma in Practical Nursing as few as 12 months
Licensed practical nurses (LPNs) provide basic medical care and work under the direction of doctors and other health care professionals. An LPN’s duties can vary depending on the state they work in but usually consists of monitoring patients’ health, administering basic patient care such as changing bandages or helping patients bathe or dress, doing routine lab tests, and providing status updates to RN’s and doctors. READ MORE
CURRENT P.N ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- APPLICATION /REGISTRATION FEE ($200)
- ATI TEAS EXAM:(Minimum Score of 43) Required
- HIGH SCHOOL/GED: The applicant must provide documentation of graduation from high school in the form of a valid high school diploma, transcript or other acceptable documentation issued by an authorized state education agency (e.g. General Education Development (GED) in Ohio.) International transcripts/documents need to be evaluated by a third-party evaluator for equivalency. In addition, students may submit academic transcript of at least two years of a college education with in the last 10 years
- STATE TESTED NURSE AIDE (S.T.N.A) or CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE (C.N.A) – 75 HOUR COURSE. The applicant must bring proof of STNA/CNA certification or registry number. Certificates must have been received within the last 5 years prior to the first day of class. Registry numbers must have been active within the last 5 years prior to the first day of class. If the applicant does not have proof of the STNAP/CNA it must be taken prior to start of class. ***
- COPY OF DRIVER’S LICENSE
- COPY OF SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
- TWO REFERENCE CHECKS
- BCI/FBI BACKGROUND CHECK (Code: 4723.09) Reports that contain excluding documentation may result in the student not being able to attend clinical rotations (BOTH REQUIRED)
- DRUG SCREEN: (10-Panel Drug Screen)
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER (CPR) CARD – Must be CPR certified with the American Heart Association and Red Cross
- PHYSICAL EXAM (Form Available) must include the following
- a. Tetanus Diphtheria (TDAP) Vaccine
- b. Annual Influenza Vaccine
- c. MMR (Vaccines or titers)
- d. Varicella (Vaccines titers)
- e. Hepatitis B (Vaccines or titers)
- f. 2-step TB Test
ACCREDITATION AND APPROVALS
In 20In January 25, 2017, Academia Medical Institute’s Practical Nurse Program was approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing to provide a 12-month, 3 semester/48-week Practical Nursing Diploma Program.
Our Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP) or STNA was originally Licensed or approved on 03/01/2014. The NATCEP Approval Number is #3653004.
In September 30, 2015, The State Board of Career Schools and Schools approved our institute to provide our Practical Nursing Diploma Program and a Nurse Aide Certificate Program. The Certificate of Registration and Program Authorization Registration Number is 15-09-2070T.